We are in election (Bhashan) year so politicians of all stripes and colors will be once again throwing dust in the eyes of the nation so that they can retain their control of the country. Today Imran Khan and Maryam Nawaz Sharif were interviewed by Aaj and Geo News respectively. Maryam Nawaz Sharif confirmed her elitist thinking in this interview. Here are some salient points of her interview:
– She said that no justice is accorded to Sharif family which means Supreme Court and judiciary is not able to deliver justice not just to the common man but also to high and mighty in the country. So then what did Nawaz Sharif do about improving the performance of judiciary in his three tenures? Nothing. Zero. Zilch. He was busy focusing on mega projects (I support the building of infrastructure but at an optimum cost) because that inspires him just like Taj Mahal inspired Mughal rulers. Nawaz Sharif wants justice for himself and his family but he is not interested in making sure justice is available to all citizens of the state. All his concern is Mujhe Kyun Nikala.
– She said that Mian Nawaz Sharif Sb regrets using Memogate for political opportunism. But was it the first time that he acted in such manner. Is he acting better now after being ousted? Even today in the deepest crisis of his life Mian Nawaz Sharif is more concerned about his own self and family rather than deal with the structural issues faced by the nation to strengthen democracy and supremacy of elected executive to make decisions for the nation.
– Maryam Nawaz Sharif said that parliament is supreme as it legislates while other institutions follow these laws. Then why Nawaz Sharif ignored parliament and never took it into confidence about his government and policies. Why is it that he did not consider parliament supreme and behaved to make it irrelevant? And it was not once but thrice that he acted as a monarch rather than a democratically elected Prime Minister.
– She said that Panama papers did not prove any corruption. She may be correct but the issue is that rulers whether it is Nawaz Sharif, Asif Ali Zardari, Imran Khan or their electable, all are billionaires while citizens are reeling under the burden of hardly sustaining their lives. Why is it that only rich are able to get richer especially those that have political powers while the citizen and the nation get poorer and poorer. That is intellectual dishonesty and corruption of abuse of power which may not be proven through evidence but is evident to everyone day in and day out. Those that hold political power have to be more upfront about their financial dealings and separate themselves from business and be cognizant of the conflict of interest.
– She said that Capt Safdar’s hate speech in the parliament was a personal opinion and she does not agree with it. Fair enough but that does shed the light on the type of characters gathered in PML N led by the Sharif family. Capt Safdar is not the only one there are many others that hold the belief that poor should remain poor to serve the elites of the country. PML N is a party of the rich for the rich at the cost of the poor citizens of the country.
Maryam Nawaz Sharif and her father belong to elites of the country. He is angry that despite being an elite why he has to face such hardships. That is the only thing that matter to Nawaz Sharif and nothing has changed in his thinking.
By Abdul Quayyum Khan Kundi
Powered by Facebook Comments